The Nature Center is a resource available to everyone.
Even now while most places are closed, nature is still open! You can visit our property to clear your mind, boost your sanity, generate wonder and find refuge in a time of uncertainty.
As a non-profit organization, we depend on funding from our regularly scheduled field trips, events and programs. Our staff is working hard behind the scenes to reschedule as many of these opportunities as possible and maintain a sense of peace and normalcy for our nature-loving community, but every day we keep our doors closed to visitors is one less day we have the opportunity to educate and inspire a future Champion of Nature.
In March alone, we lost $67,120 from canceled programs — including our largest fundraiser of the year, the Maple Syrup Festival — as well as shop sales, rentals, field trips, individual and business contributions, memberships and more. In anticipation of at least two months of closure, the projected losses only continue to grow. Of course, like many businesses, we are cutting expenses where we can, but also doing our best to continue to provide the programming and services that support our community — especially now, when nature is even more valuable.
During these uncertain times, if you are able, please consider a donation to Indian Creek Nature Center. We need people like you, our Champions of Nature, to help us sustain our mission for future generations. Your gift — of any size — helps keep us grounded in the work you expect from us every day: quality nature experiences, inside and out.
Consider the many ways you can give:
- Membership — Become a member and receive member-only benefits. Memberships can also be gifted!
- Recurring donations — Make it monthly by becoming an ICNC Sustainer.
- Annual gift — Do you give to the Nature Center every year? Consider an early donation & give now!
- Donate in someone’s honor — Honor the nature-lover in your life, a medical professional or other “essential” person braving the virus for the good of the whole.
- Purchase a gift card — Gift cards are now available for $25, $50 and $100 and can be applied to anything at the Nature Center, including our summer Creek Camps, items in our Creekside Shop, memberships, programs and more.
- Take one of our virtual classes such as the Backyard Chickens Workshop or “What’s the Buzz” Beginning Beekeeping Workshop.