It’s never too early to apply to Creekside Forest School. Whether you have a soon-to-be preschool-aged child, a newborn, are expecting or planning for a family in the future…if you’re considering Creekside Forest School, now is the time to complete an application. If you believe the outdoors is the best place for children to explore, if you know that children learn and experience the world through play, then don’t miss out on our nature-based preschool. Complete an application today!
Selecting a preschool for your child is a big decision. We understand that the teaching and learning environment, the class size, curriculum, finances, and more all play a big role in that decision. Here are some things to consider when determining if Creekside Forest School is right for your family:
- The morning session runs from 8:30-11:30am. The afternoon session runs from 12:30-3:30pm. Children attend preschool five days per week during the morning or afternoon session. The school year runs from September to May.
- Children must be at least 3 years old and be potty independent. This means being able to articulate the need to use the restroom, pull pants up and down, getting on and off the toilet, and generally being familiar with the routine of using the restroom in a public building. Your child must be comfortable being taught and experiencing potty outside on occasion.
- Our preschool is open to 3 and 4 year olds and is a mixed age classroom. This is one part of the magic of our preschool program.
- We find the morning session is better for younger preschoolers and the afternoon session is better for older preschoolers. Children enrolled in the afternoon session should not be napping about one to two months prior to the start of school.
- For safety reasons, given the outdoor model of our school, your child must be able to stay with a group and must be able to acknowledge and respond to verbal instructions from trusted adults.
- Consider your family values and your child’s interests. Children that attend a nature-based preschool are outdoors 30-70% of the time learning in the context of nature. Nature is the core of the curriculum and teachers implement high quality early childhood practices and facilitate inquiry-based learning.
- Children will need some of their own personal gear to be comfortable outdoors in all weather (ie, a backpack, clothing that can get wet and dirty, comfortable closed-toe shoes). Creekside Forest School has a Gear Library for use by all students at no charge. Gear available for check out includes a winter coat, snow bibs, snow boots, rain boot, rain coat, balaclava, sunhat, and more!
- All snacks, materials, supplies, and activities are included in the tuition. There are no additional monthly charges, unless your family takes advantage of our Lunch Bunch time ($5 per day).
On January 3rd we began filling open spots in our rosters for the 2022-23 school year at Creekside Forest School, however we are accepting applications through the 2026-27 school year. To be considered for an open spot, all you need to do is complete an application. There is no application fee, and no strings attached. We will confirm we’ve received your application and review next steps via phone or email. If you’d like to learn more, tour our classroom, or ask questions, we recommend attending one of our upcoming open houses to learn more. We look forward to seeing an application for your child soon. If you have any questions, please email Director of Education Kelli Kennon-Lane or Registrar Rachel Bailey.