HOURS OF POSITION: 16-20 hours per week, June-August
STATUS: Internship (unpaid)
DATE REVISED: March 2019
This position will be instrumental in helping maintain our exterior gardens and native landscapes.
The intern will be responsible for maintain all newly established native gardens, trees/shrubs and edible landscapes. Activities include:
- Learning about and caring for plants as they grow and mature.
- Watering, weeding and mulching these newly established gardens, trees/shrubs or other young vegetation to enhance their survival in early years of establishment.
- Maintaining log book of projects completed
- Maintaining a regular schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Representing ICNC in a positive way
- Ability to work well with other volunteers
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Energetic, professional demeanor, positive attitude and motivation.
- Basic knowledge of outdoor skills, regional ecology and environmental principles.
- Adept at identifying and solving problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to work outside in various weather conditions and apply knowledge and common sense to solve problems and/or achieve work objectives safely.
- Basic equipment operation
- Be enrolled in or have a degree in: landscape, ecology, parks and natural resources, environmental studies, or a related field. (Preferred)
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds
- Previous knowledge of native species and vegetation desired but not required.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
To Apply: Send a letter of interest, your resume, and 3 references electronically to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org