INDIAN CREEK NATURE CENTER JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Development & Marketing
HOURS OF POSITION: Generally weekdays with some evenings and weekends, as needed
REMOTE WORK: Up to 90% of work is remote
SALARY RANGE: $40-$50,000
STATUS: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
DATE REVISED: June 2022
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Conceptualizes, plans, coordinates, and conducts marketing activities according to strategic marketing plan. Serves as a key manager of ICNC branding & promotion. Manages content to a variety of channels, including social media, traditional media, website, newsletters, blogs, etc. Exercises strong leadership, relationship building, creativity, independent judgment, and decision making skills. Position involves access to confidential information.
- Develops, implements, and manages marketing strategies which align with ICNC’s strategic and operational plans. Uses a goal centered approach to set and achieve specific targets.
- Develops and manages the marketing budget and works with staff to fulfill marketing goals.
- Ensures brand consistency and current, relevant and accurate information at all times.
- Plays a key role in achieving annual fundraising goals, including messaging, design and printing of stewardship activities and annual campaigns. Develops messaging, planning and execution of online fundraising campaigns.
- Develops and manages a regular and planned content calendar for the year. Actively seeks and schedules content from other staff. Ensures content is relevant and engaging.
- Manages all content to tell the story and share the mission and vision of Indian Creek Nature Center and its sub-brands (Etzel Sugar Grove Farm, Creekside Forest School, etc.) to all audiences.
- Shares the story with key stakeholders to ensure that they can advocate effectively on behalf of the organization. Manages deadlines and the content publishing calendar.
- Works with contracted service providers to achieve marketing plans (i.e. web developers, graphic designers, printing & mailing services, etc) to ensure timely technical updates, content generation, etc.
- Actively engages with staff to further their ability to be storytellers for the organization. Works with volunteers & other community content creators to contribute relevant content as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains an archive of photographs and videos. Uses ICNC imagery in all communications instead of stock photos where possible. Maintains a running list of images the organization would like to capture for future use.
- Ensures high-quality graphic design is executed as part of the overall strategy including, but not limited to, publication designs, logos, resource materials, newsletters, and other items.
- Manages all social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Reviews, etc. Monitors social media channels and responds, as appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Gives tours of ICNC properties with complete up-to-date information.
- Creates and sends email newsletters and special email updates as needed. Ensures email newsletter is sent in a timely manner, with engaging and relevant content.
- Manages email contacts and works with appropriate staff to improve the contact database to take advantage of email marketing tools such as audience segmentation and personalization.
- Coordinates production and printing of all printed materials, including project management, content creation, design, and mailing. Works with staff to create engaging, relevant, and accurate content. Includes conducting an annual review of materials, ensuring content is up-to-date and appropriate quantities remain on hand at all times.
- Generates free press opportunities to promote Indian Creek Nature Center (and sub-brands) including television, radio, newspaper, online media, and other channels. Tracks and regularly shares media exposure with appropriate internal and external audiences.
- Proactively works with event planning committees to coordinate events to achieve specific goals (educational, fundraising, etc). Assists during assigned special events.
- Attends board meetings and committee meetings as required.
- Other tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Belief in the Nature Center’s mission and a healthy appreciation for the outdoors. Represents ICNC in the most positive manner with all people, both personally and professionally. Goal-oriented and driven. Creative and energetic with strong public and human relations abilities, professional appearance, positive attitude and self-motivation. Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people and establish and grow strategic relationships to achieve goals. Exceptional organizational and communication skills. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. Knowledge of principles of marketing, strong writing and speaking skills, and comprehensive knowledge of technology and social media. Experience required in Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, Constant Contact (or similar email marketing program), Adobe InDesign, HTML5, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, CSS, Adobe Premiere. Photography and videography experience is ideal.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Sedentary to light work, primarily indoors. Position involves sitting in an office setting, constant off-site travel, and sitting meetings (67-100%). Constant (67-100%) talking and listening to people in person or over the telephone. Viewing computer screens and other types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Frequent (34-66%) walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling. Frequent (34-66%) reaching, standing, grasping, finger dexterity. Frequent (34-66%) travel off-site required to complete duties.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field and three years work experience in marketing or communications. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of five years experience is required. Ability to pass a criminal records background check.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com