POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS OF POSITION: Generally weekdays with some evenings and weekends, as needed
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
REMOTE ELIGIBLE: Up to 25% of time can be worked off-site
DATE REVISED: June 2021
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Serves as a critical member of ICNC’s team enhancing the effectiveness of ICNC’s ability to achieve its mission. Provides overall assistance and support to the Executive Director in all areas of ICNC’s operations. Supervises and independently manages special projects related to directly improving ICNC’s overall ability to be successful. Maintains knowledge of all items of importance with ICNC. Serves as a key point of contact for the Executive Director.
Executive Director Support
- Provides daily administrative support for the Executive Director. Manages scheduling, priorities, and communication. Ensures Executive Director’s communication is current, including composing and preparing correspondence, responding to emails and voicemails, and connecting with appropriate individuals.
- Maintain knowledge of all activities and projects at Indian Creek Nature Center. Communicates with and advises the Executive Director on all matters related to Indian Creek Nature Center.
- Attends ICNC’s board meetings, trustee meetings, executive, finance, and other committee meetings with the Executive Director. Provides support during meetings and maintains a list of needs and priorities arising out of meeting. Compiles and manages agendas, packets, and reports for all meetings.
- Enhances Executive Director’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains a high-level of confidentiality and discretion.
Human Resources Coordination
- In conjunction with ICNC’s leadership team, oversees and coordinates all employee recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource functions including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; occupational health and safety; training and development; and termination/exit.
- Manages employee files and paperwork ensuring all files are complete and accurate and follow state and federal guidelines. Support of Others
- Assist ICNC’s leadership team in administering and delivering on special projects. Serves as an administrative and scheduling point of contact for leadership team members as needed.
- Maintains positive, growth-focused relationships with all ICNC team members.
- Communicates concerns of and items of interest relating to staff and volunteers to the Executive Director.
- Completes projects and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem-solving; and making adjustments to plans.
- Seeks out ways to make ICNC and subsequently ICNC’s staff operate more effectively and efficiently through process optimization, improvement in communication, and growth in measuring outcomes.
- Maintains working knowledge of ICNC’s budget and financials. Assists in preparing financial reports and distributing as appropriate.
- Manages current knowledge in all areas of technology relating to ICNC. All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Belief in the Nature Center’s mission and a healthy appreciation for the outdoors. Represents ICNC in the most positive manner with all people, both personally and professionally. Goal-oriented and driven. Creative and energetic with strong public and human relations abilities, professional appearance, positive attitude and self-motivation. Ability to communicate with diverse groups of people and establish and grow strategic relationships to achieve goals. Exceptional organizational and communication skills. Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously. Commitment to support and cultivate a culture of collaboration, honesty, respect, and integrity. Ability to work in a high-functioning, growth-driven environment. Highly efficient with technology, including data manipulation and analysis.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Sedentary to light work, primarily indoors. Position involves sitting in an office setting, constant off-site travel, and sitting in meetings (67-100%). Frequent (34-66%) walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing and pulling. Frequent (34-66%) travel off-site required to complete duties. Constant (67-100%) reaching, standing, grasping, finger dexterity. Constant (67-100%) talking and listening to people in person or over the telephone. Viewing computer screen and other types of close visual work constantly (67-100%). Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds occasionally (10-33%).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum bachelor’s degree and 3 or more years experience in administration, project management, human resources, or business management. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of six years work experience, of which three or more years are with direct experience in administration, project management, human resources, or business management. Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of coverage and maintain personal automobile insurance coverage, including liability. Ability to pass a background check.
Please click here to apply at Top RANK Talent Solutions.
To apply for this job please visit topranktalentsolutions.com.